Want to know more?About
Here to help
Type your question below or browse our FAQ.
I forgot my password – how can I reset it?
Easy – just click here to reset it!
How do we safeguard data?
At Zocdoc, Patients First is our most important core value. It means we’re always working hard to keep your data safe and continually earn your trust. Keeping your information secure is a top priority for us. Here are some of the ways we protect it:
- Privacy and security training: Everyone here who has access to your information receives privacy and security training to ensure that we stay focused on privacy. This includes HIPAA training and regular security training administered by a third party. (HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, establishes national standards for protecting certain identifiable health information of health plan beneficiaries and patients.)
- Strong encryption: We employ industry-leading technology to safeguard data. Our site uses 128-bit GCM encryption – the same standard most banks use to protect your financial information. All Zocdoc data is transferred via HTTPS over TLS, which is a security standard used by the US government for secured traffic (FIPS compliant).
- Secure storage: All data is stored in a physically and electronically secure facility, behind firewalls. Data backups are protected by high-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2 certified), meaning that data stays secure and unreadable. An intrusion detection system monitors our data 24/7 and alerts us to any unusual activity.
- Expert auditing: Zocdoc works with outside experts to keep our security practices and standards high. We hire a third party to periodically test our service and processes, and we run the SSAE-16 Type II and a SOC 2 audit annually.
- Smart features: We build features that protect data on your end, too. For instance, we automatically sign you out of the site if you’re inactive, we set requirements on your password strength, and we lock your account if the wrong password is entered too many times.
How do I know which doctor to choose?
Only you can select the right doctor for your particular needs. That’s why we give you so much information! When you’re choosing a doctor, you should look at his or her professional statement, education, background, and verified reviews from other patients. Don’t forget to leave a review after your Zocdoc appointment so you can help other patients find the right doctor!
What if I need to cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Simply sign in to your Zocdoc account to change your scheduled appointments. But please note that cancelling or rescheduling too many appointments may result in your account being locked, and we’d hate to see that happen! This policy ensures that doctors’ calendars stay accurate and trustworthy for the other patients who depend on them.
I submitted a review. Why hasn’t it been posted yet?
A real, live person moderates our reviews, so it can sometimes take up to a day. Thanks for being patient! Keep in mind that some providers have chosen not to display their reviews on Zocdoc. Don’t let this stop you from leaving feedback – we read each and every review, and we want to hear about your experience!