Could you get a strain of the herpes virus on your feet?

I had these blisters on the bottom of my feet that were itchy and hurt. I had been walking a lot because I was canvassing door to door for my church. My friend said herpes causes blisters like that. Is that what I had on my feet? Can you get herpes on your feet?
It is theoretically possible for you to get a herpes virus infection on your feet. However, this would be very unusual. If you recently were walking a lot, this action could cause certain pressure points on your feet to weaken and form blisters. These types of blisters usually go away within a couple of days of rest. Another possible cause of your blisters is something called a plantar wart. This is a wart/sore on the foot that is caused by the human papilloma virus. They can be quite sore and sometimes even itchy. If they are bothersome, they can be treated with surgery, medications, or sometimes cryotherapy (freezing). The human papilloma virus is something that you can catch from just about anywhere, so there would have been no way for you to avoid it. If you'd like an official diagnosis and treatment, then you will need to see a doctor that will both know what it is, and be able to treat them in the office. Thus, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. A podiatrist would be a fine choice as well. The plantar wart typically doesn't spread, but it also doesn't go away very easily on its own.

Nearby Dermatologists