Do I have asthma?

Out of nowhere sometimes I get really wheezy and can't stop coughing. Is this what asthma feels like? I'm 27 and never felts something like this before. It only happens once in a while...
If these symptoms have been going on for a while, I highly recommend that you get in to see your primary care doctor. Any symptoms of cough, wheezing, or shortness of breath that are persistent require evaluation by a doctor. It is fairly unusual for asthma to be diagnosed in adults. Usually this is a diagnosis that is made in children or teenagers. However, the diagnosis may be missed until adulthood in mild cases, especially if you have a long standing history of seasonal allergies or eczema, both of which are associated with asthma. It is also possible that the cough and wheeze are due to untreated sinus congestion or nasal allergies. Other symptoms might include a sensation of fullness or pressure in the front of the head, sneezing, and nasal stuffiness. Bad heartburn, or acid reflux, is also a common cause of intermittent cough and wheezing, especially if the symptoms occur mostly at night when you are asleep or laying down. Start by going to see your primary care doctor. They will evaluate the health of your lungs and look for signs of other causes of the cough. They may want to obtain lung function tests, x-rays, or basic blood tests if nothing obvious turns up on the initial exam.