Do migraines only cause pain in the head?

I read that pain in my left side (arm, leg, torso, everything) could be migraine related. Is this possible? I thought that migraines were headaches and only caused pain in the head.
You are right that most migraines just cause pain in the head, which typically is pulsatile and located on one side of the head, often also in association with sensitivity to light, nausea, and similar symptoms. However, there is an entity known as complex migraine. Complex migraines can have additional symptoms in addition to the classic ones, which can include pain or weakness or tingling in other parts of the body, dizziness, and other concerning symptoms. I highly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor or a neurologist about these symptoms. When dealing with what might be a complex migraine, it is first important to make sure that the symptoms are not related to another, more serious, problem such as a stroke or a tumor in the brain. Once these problems have been ruled out, you will also need help getting the migraines under control. If the symptoms you have are as severe as they sound, then it is unlikely that you will be able to control them without taking a migraine controlling medication. There are several of these medications, and they are used to reduce the frequency and the severity of attacks. Your doctor will be able to discuss these options with you.

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists