Could my heart murmurs be caused by Wolff Parkinson White syndrome?

I'm 18 years old and Wolff Parkinson White syndrome runs in my family. I've been having heart palpitations lately that sometimes make me dizzy. Is this a symptom of the syndrome or is it something minor? Could a doctor do tests to tell me if it is the Wolff Parkinson White syndrome that's making this happen?
Wolf-Parkinson White (WPW) syndrome is a type of cardiac arrhythmia in which an accessory conduction pathway exists in addition to the normal conduction pathway from the atria to the ventricles. This condition is extremely rare (0.3% in the general population). Patients are generally asymptomatic. Your feelings of palpitations and dizziness may be caused by an arrhythmia of some sort (there are many), however it could also be caused by anxiety and knowing that you have family members with WPW. Either way, I strongly recommend that you see at least your primary care doctor if not a cardiologist and undergo some basic testing at the very least. This would include some blood work and an ECG to start. WPW is diagnosed easily with an ECG which would show a small, early bump at the beginning of the QRS wave. This is known as the delta wave and is a classic sign of WPW. Other arrhythmias can also be diagnosed using an ECG. If your ECG is normal, but your episodes of palpitations and dizziness come on at certain times throughout the day, you may need to wear a Holter monitor, which is a device that you would have to carry around with you for 24 hours or more that would record the entire day's heart rhythm and this would then be analyzed for any arrhythmias that you may have experienced. Please talk to your cardiologist regarding the workup of your palpitations and dizzy spells. This is not something that should be taken lightly and you should certainly have a work up sooner than later.

Other Cardiologists