What is wrong with my clavicle?

My clavicle, the collar bone has stuck out more on the right side since I can remember. But now it isn't just protruding, its starting to hurt too. Is there something growing on the bone that might cause this? Is it a bone disease or something?
If these symptoms are persistent or worsening, as it sounds like they are, then I would suggest that you go to see your primary care doctor to help you figure out what might be going on. By far the most common cause of deformity ('sticking out') and pain in the clavicle is a history of a broken clavicle. Almost always when a broken clavicle heals, there is a large bump that remains at the site of the old fracture and this may or may not go away over time. Also, occasionally, after a clavicle fracture, there can be persistent pain and irritation; although this usually goes away after a few months, it can sometimes be a chronic problem that requires evaluation and treatment. It is also possible to have arthritis in the clavicle, especially at the joint between the clavicle and the shoulder bones. Sometimes this can be an isolated condition, often related to physical activity, and responds to rest, anti inflammatory medications, and steroid injections at the site of inflammation. Other times, it can be a part of a larger arthritis problem, if you also have aches and pains in other joints in your body. Start by seeing your primary care doctor today!