What's the best way to treat a blister caused by a burn?

Burned my finger really bad on a pot of boiling water. I think it will be okay but what is the best way to treat the wound? Should I pop the blister or put some kind of ointment on it? I just want it to go away fast because it hurts!
It is very important that you make an appointment to see a doctor immediately to have this burn examined so that your doctor can diagnose the degree of your burn properly and treat your condition appropriately to speed up the healing process. It is not wise to treat this burn without having the affected area by a doctor to prevent further damage to your finger by not treating this properly. There are several levels of burns. First degree burns affect only the outer skin and can cause pain and redness. Partial thickness burns also called second degree burns can cause blisters in addition to the symptoms of pain and redness of the skin. Full thickness burns are also known as third degree burns and can cause worse skin changes, swelling, black charred skin or whitening of the skin accompanied with numbness of the skin. Therefore, sometimes the most serious burns are painless Proper medical treatment is key in preventing the complications of burn injuries like those of scarring, deformity and disability. Burns on the hands and feet, or face or genitals are considered the most serious and need prompt treatment. Again, it is vital that you make an appointment with a medical professional as soon as possible to treat you appropriately.