How can I stop my arm from twitching?

Any way to stop my arm from twitching? I think it is a muscle problem in my forearm, but it jumps and twitches and shakes all the time. How can I make this go away?
Muscle twitches are fairly common. They tend to be the result of muscle strain or fatigue. For example, twitching in the forearm commonly will occur in people who spend all day typing at a computer keyboard. The solution to this is to make sure to take frequent rest breaks from the repetitive forms of work. You may also benefit from some stretching exercises. It is also important to make sure you are using ergonomically appropriate work equipment, such as an ergonomic keyboard, if available. These twitches are also generally made worse by fatigue and anxiety. Therefore, it is important to get plenty of sleep and to try to control your overall stress levels. It may be helpful as well to try cutting out caffeine, as this both can directly increase the amount of twitching you have as well as increasing anxiety levels. You should also see your primary care doctor to see if they have other ideas. In particular, it is important to make sure that the twitching is not part of a more serious medical problem, although this is unlikely as long as the twitching is isolated just to the muscle groups that you mention.

• Dr. Gurinder Brar
    Dr. Gurinder Brar MD
    2607 Windguard Circle
    Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024
  • Dr. Richard Ashby
    Dr. Richard Ashby MD
    8330 Richmond Highway
    Alexandria, VA 22309