How do you remove a wart?

I have a wart on my hand. How can I remove it? Can I do it at home or does it have to be taken off with a laser or something?
Warts are very common infections of the skin that are causes by a particular type of virus known as the human papilloma virus. These infections are benign and do not cause any serious medical problem. However, they can be very cosmetically unattractive, and they can also spread to other areas of your skin if you scratch or pick at them. If you just have a single wart, you have a few options. The first would be to do nothing and watch the area. Often warts will go away on their own once the body fights off the infection. A second option would be to try one of several over the counter wart medications, which include small freezing kits as well as various chemicals that can be applied to the wart to help it go away. If you have multiple spreading warts, or if you have tried these over the counter remedies without much success, then you should go see your primary care doctor. The treatments that your doctor will use on the warts are similar to the over counter remedies, but they are stronger. For example, the freezing kit that your doctor would use is much stronger, as are the chemicals that they will apply to the wart.