Why are my eyelids so itchy?

I don't know what to do. My eyelids always feel itchy. I rub them and stuff but there's nothing that makes it go away. They are starting to look red and irritated too. Why are my eyelids so itchy?
The first question I would have for you is where your itching is actually coming from. The most common thing to be itchy in that area is the conjunctiva. This is the thin transparent outer lining of the eye ball. This area of the eye is very sensitive to allergic reactions and certain infections and can become very itchy. If the itching you have is coming from the outside of your eyelids, then what you have is more likely to be a skin issue. Some people get an atopic dermatitis on their eyelids which can itch a lot. Distinguishing between these two areas is the most important first step to figuring out what is causing your symptoms. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can take a close look at your eyes and determined what is causing your itching. If it is caused by irritation of the lining of you eye ball (conjunctivitis), then soothing eye drops or antibiotic eye drops (if necessary) may be prescribed. If it is truly the outside of your eye lids, then determining the cause of your itching will be the next step. This may require referral to a dermatologist. Good luck.