Why do I sweat so much at night?

I don?t have a sweating problem during the day, but when I wake up in the morning or during the night, I am covered in sweat. I?m a 23 year old male and don?t take medication or have a physical problem. Why do I sweat so much only in my sleep?
Night sweats, like the ones you are experiencing are something that should be looked into. This is because occasionally they can be a sign of a more serious illness. The first question I would have for you is how hot you keep your room at night. If you are actually physically hot at night when you wake up, perhaps you need to sleep in a cooler room. Night sweats not caused by heat can be caused by serious illnesses. For example, if you have spent time traveling abroad, then you should be tested for tuberculosis. Another infection that can cause night sweats is HIV. If you have used IV drugs in the past and shared needles, or engaged in unprotected sex with unknown partners, then this is a possibility. You should have an HIV test regardless. Finally, certain types of cancers specifically lymphoma and some leukemia can cause night sweats. These are all illnesses that should be looked into. I suggest that you first schedule an appointment to see your primary care physician. He or she can listen to your symptoms and perform a thorough physical exam. From there blood work and other tests can be done to figure out why you are having these symptoms. Good luck.