Does sleeping too much have negative consequences?

I like to get a lot of sleep. I sleep around 10 or 11 hours per night. I feel fine but I?m scared that his is bad for me. Can too much sleep have negative consequences for your body?
The amount of sleep that each person requires depends a lot on their individual constitution and age. For example, elderly people tend to need the least amount of sleep, and children need the most, with most adults somewhere in the middle. on average, somewhere between 6 and 8 hours of sleep is probably what most of us should be getting. 10 to 11 hours of sleep is a bit much. If you are routinely sleeping 10 to 11 hours a night, you should probably see your primary care doctor. I say this because, for most of us, it should not be necessary to sleep so long in order to feel rested. Your doctor will be able to perform a thorough checkup to see if there is any medical condition, such as sleep apnea, that might be interfering with your sleep patterns and causing you to need so much sleep. Also, you will want to discuss any medications your are taking regularly with your doctor, as there are several that can interfere with good sleep. Furthermore, caffeine and alcohol have major effects on sleep, and you may need to modify your consumption patterns of these as well. Good luck, and make an appointment with your doctor today!