How long does it take a broken bone to heal?

I broke my toe but I'm not going to the doctor because there is nothing that they can do about it. How long will it take to heal?
I am very sorry to hear that you hurt your toe! Although you are correct that in many cases of simple broken toes, there is little that can be done, as these small bones do tend to heal up on their own. Nevertheless, I think it would still be worthwhile for you to get in to see your primary care doctor. Just because the bones in the toes are not usually set does not mean that there is nothing that can be done. For example, sometimes these toes can be splinted or taped to the toes next to them in order to help with pain and to speed healing. Additionally, your doctor will be able to give you medications to help with the pain while the bone is healing. Also, it will be important for them to help you rule out the possibility that you have broken other bones in the foot other than just the small toe bones, as these can need more specific treatment. Assuming that this is just a simple fracture of a small toe bone, you can expect the pain and swelling to go down slowly over the next few weeks, although you may still have some symptoms for some time after that. Again, please talk to your doctor.

9415 E Harry St