What does it mean if I am experiencing dizziness?

I have been getting dizzy a lot lately. Comes on suddenly and there doesn't seem to be a reason for it. What can make a person dizzy like this? Should I get my brain checked out?
You should definitely get in to see your primary care doctor as soon as possible, as it sounds like these symptoms have been going on for quite a while and are not getting better. There are many potential causes of dizziness, but new dizziness should always be evaluated by a doctor because, although dizziness is often caused by conditions that are not very serious, it can also sometimes be a symptom of a serious medical problem. For example, your doctor will want to perform a complete neurological evaluation to make sure that the source of dizziness is not a potential problem with your brain. Make sure to mention to your doctor if you have other concerning symptoms, such as a new headache, problems with coordination, nausea and vomiting, or impaired vision. Similarly, dizziness can sometimes be related to a heart problem, especially a problem with the rhythm of the heart. Your doctor will examine your heart closely, and you should make certain to mention if you are experiencing any palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath, swelling in your legs, or trouble lying flat at night. Please set up an appointment as soon as you can!