How do you know if you have acidosis?

Is it possible I have acidosis? How can you tell? I read an article about it and my diet sounds like I could have it because I eat a lot of meat and eggs and no so many fruits and vegetables. What could happen if I have acidosis?
Acidosis is a condition in which acids build up in the blood stream. Acidosis is a life threatening condition, and it is always caused by a serious medical problem such as respiratory failure, overwhelming infection, diabetes, or drug overdose. In an otherwise healthy person without any serious medical problems such as liver or kidney disease or diabetes, there is absolutely no way that your diet could give you acidosis. So I would not worry about this. There are, however, many other reasons to diversify your diet. First of all, diets that are very high in animal products and low in fruits and vegetables are diets that are high in fat, which can lead to being overweight and put you at risk for diabetes and heart disease down the road. Second, fruits and vegetables contain many essential vitamins and anti oxidants which promote good health and can prevent cancer. I recommend that you set up a visit with a nutritionist, who can look at your current eating habits and make some recommendations to help you adapt your diet. And as always, talk to your primary care doctor if you have an other general health questions.