Why was there blood in my vomit?

I've been feeling sick for about 4 days and today I threw up. The second time I threw up there was a little blood in there. Is this normal for vomiting or should I go see a doctor? My stomach also hurts so I'm kind of worried...
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. It sounds like you probably have a viral stomach bug. These stomach infections tend to cause nausea and vomiting and a general 'under the weather' feeling. Fortunately, however, they do tend to run their course within 5 days or a week, so with luck you will start to improve quite soon. In any case, you should discuss this issue with your primary care doctor, to make sure there is not a more serious problem. When you vomit, the muscles in your stomach exert a lot of pressure on the delicate stomach lining. This irritation, together with any local irritation to the stomach lining caused directly by the viral infection, can result in small flecks or streaks of blood in the vomit. That being said, if you start to notice large amounts of blood or clots of blood in your vomit, or if your bowel movements turn black in color, these could be signs of a more significant bleeding issue, and you would need to seek emergency medical attention. Again, please discuss with your doctor. Furthermore, if you find that you are starting to get dehydrated or that you are unable to keep down liquids, you might want to see your primary care doctor for help.