How do you get rid of a urinary tract infection?

I'm a 27 year old female and I'm pretty sure I have a urinary tract infection. My mom had one before and she said that is why it burns when I urinate. How do you get rid of a UTI? Do you have to go to the doctor and get drugs? That's what my mom said she did but I really don't like the doctor.
Frequent urination is a fairly common medical condition heard by a doctor. The need to urinate more than eight times a day and frequently waking up in the night to release yourself can be a symptom of an infection (usually bacteria) to urinary tract infection (UTI) that usually occurs when bacteria from the rectal area (most likely E. coli in feces) enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder leading to a full-blown infection in the urinary tract. Some of UTI symptoms include a pain or burning with urination, cloudy urine, and especially a strong need to urinate frequently, even right after the bladder has been emptied. I recommend an in-person with a primary care physician who can evaluate your condition and prescribe antibiotics if necessary. Antibiotic treatment is usually successful within 24-48 hours after treatment begins. It is important to get treatment promptly to avoid the more serious complications when it spreads to the kidneys.