What can I do now that my proteus infection has cleared up?

I got a proteus infection that was cleared up with some antibiotics. I've heard there are complications in the future though, even after it clears up. What are they? What can I do to make sure I stay healthy?
Proteus is a very common bacterial infection, and it is usually responsible for urinary tract infections. Proteus can infect other parts of the body as well, but that is more rare. Therefore, I assume that what you had was a Proteus infection in the urine. If this is not the case, and the infection was somewhere else (for example, in the bloodstream), then there might be longer term health complications or followup that you would need. You would have to talk to the doctor who treated the infection however, or to an infectious disease specialist, to get the specifics, as any complications would be related to the part of your body that was infected. Then is something that you should talk to your doctor about, as sometimes regular antibiotics or other treatments are needed to prevent recurrence. Good luck.