How long is mono contagious?

I had mono but have been symptom free for about a week. Is it safe to maybe kiss a girl or something like that or am I still contagious? How long will I be contagious for?
As you probably know, mono, or "infectious mononucleosis," is a common viral infection which typically occurs in teenagers and young adults. Symptoms include sore throat, swollen glands in the neck, and fatigue. Most of the time, the condition is not serious, however symptoms can linger for a long time and can result in trouble keeping up with work or school obligations. However, it sounds like your symptoms have improved, and I am glad you are feeling better! Unfortunately, it is hard to predict when you are no longer contagious. Most people are actually capable of transmitting the virus even before they develop symptoms (this is called the 'incubation period', and viral shedding may also continue for many weeks to months after the symptoms go away (with slowly decreasing contagiousness over time). Therefore, although the fact that your symptoms are better is a good sign, since the peak of being contagious does correlate with the the time before and during the worst symptoms, this does not absolutely mean that you are no longer contagious. I recommend that you pose this question to your primary care doctor, who can give you a more definitive answer. Good luck!