ZocdocAnswersWhy am I dizzy everyday?

Question

Why am I dizzy everyday?

If im doing dishes if im taking a bath are if im folding clothes i get dizzy..

Answer

My first question for you would be what you mean by the word dizzy. Dizziness can mean many different things to many different people. If you mean that when you are taking a bath or folding clothes that the room starts to spin, then this is what we refer to as vertigo. If you get lightheaded or faint when taking a bath or folding clothes, then this is something different. Vertigo is the feeling of spinning that occurs as the result of a problem in the inner ear or sometimes a problem in the brain. The most common causes of vertigo occur when you move your head in a certain direction. It shouldn't occur when you are still such as taking a bath. Lightheadedness is a symptom that occurs sometimes when blood flow to the brain is decreased slightly for a short period of time. It is possible for this to occur in a very warm bath or if you are standing for a long time while you fold clothes. The most common cause of this is something called a vagal response. If you are experiencing other symptoms such as nausea during these episodes, this is a possibility. The best physician for you to speak to about this is your primary care physician. I suggest that you schedule an appointment today.