Does the temperature of my apartment have anything to do with my dry skin?

I have dry skin that is really bad on my arms and hands especially. Is it because I keep the temperature in my apartment too high? Does the room temperature have anything to do with my dry skin? Could it go away if I make things cooler inside?
While the temperature of your apartment is unlikely to have caused the dry skin that you are describing, the humidity of your apartment is certainly a possible factor. As we enter the winter, it is common for people to have more dry and flaky skin that is constantly being irritated and feels itchy, and windy days make the problem worse. The use of a cool mist humidifier is very helpful to some people for the reason that it decreases the amount of water that is being pulled from your skin. Washing with water that is too warm in the shower can also dry and damage your skin. The use of moisturizers right after bathing is a good idea for those prone to dry skin. Another important aspect of skin care is to make sure that you are consuming enough water. When your body is too dry, the skin is one of the first places that you feel it. There are numerous other causes of dry skin, and if your problem persists despite taking some of these or other simple steps to correct it, you should speak with your doctor to make sure that there is not another condition contributing to the dry skin that you describe.