Can you get surgery on your jaw if your bit is not lined up correctly?

I don't know what happened to my jaw but it is not lined up right. Can I have surgery to correct it? Is this possible to get my jaw back to normal?
Problems with the alignment of your jaw can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort. People who may have never had a problem with their jaw can develop this after an injury or trauma. In addition, some people are born with a jaw alignment that may not be quite right, and symptoms from this can grow worse over time. In any case, it is possible for surgical realignment to correct painful or debilitating problems with the jaw. This kind of evaluation and surgery is done by oral maxillofacial surgeons. The best place to start is with a consultation appointment. The surgeon can evaluate your history, including any potential inciting events that may have led to problems with your jaw. In addition, an examination will be important to determine whether you are a surgical candidate and what kind of surgical intervention might be possible. Jaw surgery can sometimes be quite involved, possibly affecting your work schedule. It will be important to discuss all of these options with your surgeon so that you know what to expect; what the risks and benefits are; and whether this kind of surgery is the right thing for you. If you are not sure how/where to make an appointment, your primary care physician should be able to help you find a surgeon.