Is my hearing damaged?

I have trouble understanding people when I am in a room with a lot of people talking or there is loud music. Its like I can't pick anything out it is just a lot of noise. Does this mean that I have hearing damage?
Depending on your age and your history of noise exposure, as well as your family history of hearing loss, it is likely that you are suffering from some of the early changes that are associated with hearing loss. Your story of difficulty understanding people when you are in a busy room is classic for some of the early changes of age related hearing loss, or also for noise exposure related hearing loss. With a quick examination and a hearing test, your ear-nose-and throat surgeon will be able to tell you quickly what has happened, how likely things are to improve by themselves, and what your options are to improve your hearing. There are many successful options for many people, with one of the most common (assuming that you are having some age or noise related hearing loss on both sides) treatments being the use of hearing aids. If your hearing loss is different on one side than the other, you should make an appointment sooner rather than later, as time may be an important factor to recovering the hearing in the bad ear. Please speak with your doctor about your problem in the near future.

Nearby Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors

Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor