Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

Why do my teeth feel loose?

All of my teeth feel lose. Like I can move them with my fingers, the wiggle. Is this something a dentist should check out or is something wrong with the inside of my mouth and my gums?
Teeth being lose can be a very serious problem, and is something that should be evaluated immediately by a dentist that you trust. This can be a sign of gum disease, bone disease, soft tissue disease, and also tooth disease, as any of these can cause some losening of the teeth. Your dental hygiene and your social history (including your use of alcohol and tobacco products) may give some clues as to the likely source of your problem. Obviously, tobacco use is extremely damaging to your teeth, mouth, and the rest of your body, and may be one explanation. It would also be important to visit a professional in the near future and describe any associated symptoms that you may be having. Finally, it is important to find a dentist that you can trust. Referrences can be a valuable source, as can web sites that offer opinions and ratings. Treat these with care, however, as they often tend to be skewed by one very good or very bad opinion. If you have concerns with the plan of care, it is always appropriate to seek a second opinion. Most importantly, do make sure to see someone soon, as your teeth and their health can affect you in many ways.
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)