Why can't I have an orgasm?

I'm 25 years old and female and I have never had an orgasm. Is something wrong with me? Is there something wrong with my vagina or my genitals?
I am sorry to hear that your sexual experiences have perhaps not lived up to your expectations. I would strongly suggest that you talk to someone about this issue. A psychologist or counselor might be a good start, or you may want to talk specifically to a sex therapist. Most of the time, when women fail to have orgasms, this is not due to a significant medical problem (such as a specific disease), and generally there is nothing wrong with their sexual organs. Of course, there are a few medical diseases that can lead to sexual dysfunction, so it is always important to be in touch with your primary care doctor and to have regular physical examinations at least once a year. Most of the time, sexual dysfunction is a problem that can be solved, especially if both partners are willing to explore solutions and new techniques, something that a sex therapist can help you with. Additionally, a sex therapist may want to ask you about whether your trouble having orgasms is just with sexual intercourse or also with masturbation, as that will help define which sorts of strategies will help you. I suggest that you make an appointment at your convenience; if you do not know a good sex therapist, your primary care doctor can suggest one.

Other Psychologists