Why do I feel bloated?

I'm 29 years old and male. Having trouble with bloating which I thought was a female problem. What's wrong with me? Do I have a stomach condition? What causes a bloated feeling?
As you are discovering, bloating is a medical problem that affects both men and women. To help get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms and find the best way to help relieve them, the best place for you to start is with your primary care physician. He or she can go over your prior medical history as well as your current symptoms in the context of a physical exam. This will likely help suggest further testing or possible treatment strategies. Overall, depending on your specific symptoms, there are many things that can cause bloating. If you have undiagnosed celiac disease (gluten allergy) or lactose intolerance, your body will be unable to properly digest wheat products or milk, respectively. This can lead to unpleasant bloating and gastrointestinal discomfort. In addition, irritable bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease) or irritable bowel syndrome can also cause bloating. Your doctor can help determine if you have any other symptoms that may suggest you may have one of these conditions. Even if bloating is not related to a specific food allergy, eating large amounts of certain kinds of foods can promote the growth of bacteria that are often responsible for flatus. Your doctor can give you a list of foods that can exacerbate these symptoms so you can try to cut down on your intake to see if that helps.