What does it mean when my red blood corpuscles are larger than normal?

I have Grannuloma Annulare, and possible discoid Lupus (haven't been formerly diagnosed yet, but have all the symptoms, and my first ANA came back normal, but I understand DL is difficult to diagnose. I also have high blood sugar level (135), and high cholesterol (363), my blood pressure is normal usually 70-80 over 110 or 120. My internist put me on Lovastatin, and one baby aspirin per day. I also suffer from depression, and anxiety disorders, Post Traumatic Shock Disorder, and have Personality Disorder NOS. Recently had x-rays of lower back and pelvis which shows slight arthritis. Now my hands feel like they have arthritis--they are stiff, and swollen, and ache. However, I read in one article that Lovastatin could have that effect. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
It sounds like you have a number of potentially complex medical problems, and you are asking several questions here, but I will try to make some general observations. First of all, I would definitely suggest that you keep up a good working relationship with your internist, because it sounds like they are doing their best to diagnose and treat your various medical problems. With such a complex medical history, your primary care doctor will be your best ally in helping you to live a healthy and comfortable life. With respect to the lovastatin, your internist put you on that presumably because of your very high cholesterol levels. This medication should lower your cholesterol, which is an important step to prevent heart disease down the road. Occasionally, medications like lovastatin can cause muscle pain or swelling. They should not cause arthritis, however sometimes muscle pain can be confused for arthritis, so I would definitely talk to your doctor about this to make sure you are not having an adverse reaction to the lovastatin. With respect to your red blood cells (corpuscles). There are numerous conditions that can make them larger than normal, most often vitamin deficiencies or alcohol consumption, but also several other chronic medical diseases. Talk to your internist about this problem as well!