Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

Can you have an ear infection with no pain?

The last few mornings I have gotten out of bed feeling dizzy. I tried getting up slowly but it doesn't help. It usually goes away after I've been upright for a few hours.
I strongly suggest that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue right away. Dizziness is a common medical symptom, however sometimes it can be a sign of a serious problem, so having a good check up with your doctor to rule out a problem is important. It is pretty uncommon for an ear infection, in the typical sense of the word, to cause dizziness. However, what is common is for the inner part of the ear, which is involved in balance and coordination, to become inflamed as a result of a viral infection. This is called labyrinthitis or vestibulitis, and it primarily causes dizziness without any pain. Labyrinthitis and vestibulitis are generally benign conditions that get better gradually. However, it is always important, when dealing with dizziness, to rule out a more serious neurological problem, such as a stroke, prior to chalking up the dizziness to labyrinthitis or vestibulitis. Your doctor will be able to perform a thorough neurological examination to rule out these more serious problems. Assuming the exam checks out ok, they will also be able to give you medications to help you control the symptoms of dizziness and nausea that you might be experiencing.
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)