What causes green vomit?

I have been sick for the last two weeks. recently ( the last week or so) i started to throw up bile. At first it was yellow which sent a small red flag waving in my head. Then today i started throwing up green bile or small amounts of red bile. I don't know what's wrong, should I call my doctor or go the the ER?
Vomiting, of any kind or color, is a common symptom of a wide variety of diseases. Usually vomiting is harmless, but it can be a sign of a more serious illness. The color of vomit can depend on many factors. Green is the color of bile which is made by the liver, stored in the gallbladder, and upon eating is discharged into the duodenum (the first part of intestine located just after the stomach). Vomiting bile often presents as a bright yellow to dark green color in the vomit. While the color may be due to the breakdown of food, the presence of bile should not be ignored as it could be related to serious causes that require immediate medical attention. For instance, the presence of bile in the vomit should always raise the concern of bowel obstruction. Usually, small bowel obstruction will present with abdominal pain, nausea and bilious emesis (green bile). Often, this is only relieved after the source of obstruction is addressed. This is usually secondary to scars or adhesions if you've had prior abdominal surgeries. Bilious emesis can also frequently accompany upper GI diseases like gall bladder pathologies, such as cholecystitis (an inflammation or infection of the gall bladder). In fact, in someone who has no prior abdominal surgery presenting with right upper abdominal pain, nausea, and emesis, gall bladder infection or inflammation is quite common. On the other hand, duodenum and stomach ulcerative diseases should also be checked out if other causes have been ruled out. If you are vomiting multiple times a day and not able to keep yourself hydrated, you should go to the ER to get hydration and possible work up for the above diseases. However, if it is your gallbladder that is the problem, then a referral to the general surgeon is expected.

9415 E Harry St