Why do I feel sick after I eat?

Sometimes after I eat I will get a bad stomachache and feel extremely tired about an hour later. What does this mean? Why is food making me feel sick all of the sudden?
There are many different things that can cause abdominal pain after eating. First, after eating your food is supposed to move through the stomach relatively quickly to continue digestion in the intestines. In some people food moves very slowly and this backup (called delayed gastric emptying) can cause abdominal pain. In addition, many people will have food allergies or intolerances to certain foods. Wheat (or gluten) and dairy products are among the most common. Eating foods that your body can't digest effectively can cause abdominal pain and cramping every time you are exposed to those foods. Finally, the stomach and part of the intestines can be affected ulcers, and the process of digestion can be very painful as food moves through the digestive tract. Overall, the best thing for you to do is see your primary care physician right away. He or she will want to talk with you in more detail about your symptoms, when they started, and anything else you may have noticed. Abdominal pain after eating can be caused by many things, but it is often the association with other symptoms that helps suggest one cause over the other. Your doctor may want to check some blood work, and your exam will also be important. Depending upon the results, you may be prescribed some medications, referred for other tests, or even sent to a gastroenterology specialist if needed.