Why do I have a white bump on the tip of my tongue?

There is a white bump that is on the very tip of my tongue. It doesn't hurt so much as it is just annoying. What caused this and when will it leave? It is getting really annoying.
The most common cause of a white bump on the tip of the tongue is usually a healing sore from biting the tongue. It is fairly common to cause minor damage to the tongue, either from directly biting it with the teeth or from having to be scratched by a sharp food object. When this happens, it is common to have a somewhat tender, swollen spot that may be white but that should slowly get better. Occasionally with one of these injuries, the tongue may become infected. Therefore, if there is any significant pain, redness, swelling, or fever, you will need to see your doctor right away to rule out this possibility. If you have multiple white spots in the mouth or on the tongue, and if you can scrape them off with pressure, this might be a sign of a fungal infection of the mouth, known as thrush. Thrush is easily treated with anti fungal medications, but it should always be evaluated by a doctor as it can sometimes be associated with problems with the immune system. Finally, occasionally a white spot on the tongue or in the mouth can be a precancerous spot, a possibility which can be ruled out by your doctor. Start by getting in to see your primary care doctor for this issue.

9815 E Harry St