How do you cure strep throat?

Pretty sure that I've got strep throat because I read the symptoms on line. How do I cure it?
Sore throat is an extremely common symptoms. Most of the time, sore throat is caused by viruses, like the common cold virus. Often, in addition to the sore throat, there are other symptoms, like nasal congestion and cough to signal that this is a viral infection. Occasionally, however, a sore throat is caused by a strep throat infection rather than a viral infection. This is an important distinction to make, because strep throat infections need to be treated whereas viral infections will get better on their own. Often, with a strep throat infection, the pain in the throat is more severe than it would be with a viral infection. The glands in the neck are also often more swollen, and there tends not to be much cough or nasal congestion. If you think you might have a strep throat infection, you will need to see your primary care doctor as soon as possible. This is because clearing up a strep throat infection requires a prescription for antibiotics, which you can only get from your doctor. Your doctor will start by examining your throat and they may also take a throat sample for culture to confirm the diagnosis of strep throat.