Are there any home remedies for a wart?

Got a wart on my finger but no health insurance so can't go to a doctor. Is there a home remedy for warts? What can I do without a doc to get rid of it?
Warts as you probably know are caused by a viral infection of the skin. They are not usually a major medical problem, although they obviously can tend to spread across the skin and they can be a cosmetic concern. Like any other infection, your body will eventually recognize the virus that is causing the infection and start to fight it off. For this reason, most warts will go away on their own if you leave them alone, although this will take some time. Alternatively, there are some over the counter wart medications that you could try (usually there is a wart removal section in most pharmacies). These medications all work simply by irritating the skin and causing the body's own immune system to respond and fight off the warts. Regardless, you recommend that you see a primary care doctor because you may need to have the warts frozen or to have a stronger medication applied to them. You should also avoid trying to cut or burn the warts yourself, as this may just predispose you to a skin infection or to scarring. Best of luck.