Why does my face keep twitching?

I have a steady twitch in my left eye. You can't see it if you look at it but I can definitely feel it. Why is this happening? Is some kind of nerve causing my eye to twitch or will this just go away eventually?
What you are experiencing is most likely something known as blepharospasm. This is an involuntary (not controllable) twitch in the eye lid which can be sometimes very difficult to stop and very annoying. It can be bad enough in some cases that it can even effect vision. The most common cause of blepharospasm is the so called benign essential blepharospasm. This is basically a term that says you have eye twitching of unknown cause. Even when the cause is unknown, there are factors that can make it worse. Most people that have a diagnosis of benign essential blepharospasm will say that fatigue or times of high stress will make their symptoms worse. Some people have tried over the counter magnesium supplements which may or may not help. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a neurologist, who will have the expertise to figure out your problem. The first step is to make sure your eye twitching is not due to some other disease. The second step it to try non-invasive treatments and monitor your response. If no medications work, then Bo-tox injections and surgery are possible interventions. Good luck.

Other Neurologists

Need More Info?