What is this bump above my forehead?

There is a clear bump above my right eyebrow that is growing in size and hurting. It is even giving me headaches? What is this thing and how the heck do I make it go away?
You definitely need to get in as soon as possible to see your primary care doctor to talk about this issue and figure out what is going on. I am not entirely sure what you mean by a clear bump. If you mean a blister or abscess (fluid filled sac) under the skin, then this could be a sign of a skin infection, especially if there is redness in the surrounding skin. If so, the fact that the area is growing and hurting is concerning, and you would need to be seen right away by your doctor to determine whether the blister needs to be opened and drained and, also, whether you need to take antibiotics to help clear up the infection. On the other hand, if this is not a fluid filled bump but is, instead, a growth under the skin, then the most likely possibility is a cyst. Cysts under the skin are very common and they are not generally a serious medical problem. However, if as you say, the bump is growing and causing pain, then this might be an indication that the cyst would need to be removed surgically. Your primary care doctor can determine if this is necessary and set you up with a surgical appointment to remove the cyst if it is.

• Dr. Angela Hon
    Dr. Angela Hon MD
    88-20 Rockaway Beach Blvd
    Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217