Why is my temperature low?

I took my temperature and it is low. It is low compared to the normal temperature that I looked up. Why is my body temperature low? Does it mean that something is wrong with me?
The causes of an intolerance to cold temperature arise from several sources. How long have you had a low temperature? If you were not having any problems with cold temperature in the past but now you do, it is good idea to schedule a visit with a doctor for an evaluation and a diagnosis soon. Most often, having a low body temperature is the cause of hypothyroidism, in which the body lacks sufficient thyroid hormone in the bloodstream. Since thyroid hormone plays the role of running the body's metabolism; so therefore, it is understandable that people having this condition have their body's metabolism slowing down as a result. It is a very common condition, and millions of people are currently hypothyroid without realizing it. Women usually have this condition more often than men. There are several common causes of hypothyroidism. The most common cause of thyroid gland failure is autoimmune thyroiditis (also called Hashimoto's thyroiditis). Thyroiditis arises when one's own immune system target thyroid cell's receptors and literally destroy them. In addition to cold intolerance, a person with this condition may have weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight, dry skin or hair, weakness, constipation, muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches, hair loss, memory loss, frequent heavy menstrual cycles, and fatigue, etc. Do you have any of these associated symptoms? If left untreated, the symptoms of hypothyroidism will usually progress, but rarely complications can result in severe life-threatening condition. Hypothyroidism can often be diagnosed with a simple blood test. I would recommend a visit with a primary care physician to be screened for hypothyroidism.