What are the warning signs that you could end up having a heart attack?

I didn't take care of my body for the longest time. I am 44 now. I smoked and drank a lot and ate bad. I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack. What are the early signs that you are at risk of having a heart attack? I regularly feel tightness in my chest and i know that's a problem.
A heart attack usually occurs when there is a blood clot that causes obstruction to the flow of blood through a coronary artery (a blood vessel that feeds blood to a part of the heart muscle). Eventually, this interrupted blood flow to your heart can damage or destroy a part of the heart muscle and lead to a heart attack. A heart attack which can be fatal can be confused with symptoms of a minor illness, like ingestion, and people delay going to the doctor and receive treatment too late. It is crucial to promptly recognize the symptoms. Common heart attack symptoms include: pressure (a feeling of fullness or a squeezing pain in the center of your chest lasting for more than a few minutes); pain extending beyond your chest to your shoulder, arm, or back; frequent episodes of chest pain; prolonged pain in the upper abdomen; shortness of breath; sweating; fainting; nausea and vomiting. Signs and symptoms of a heart attack in women may include heartburn or abdominal pain, clammy skin, lightheadedness, and unexplained fatigue. The earliest warning of a heart attack may be recurrent chest pain that is triggered by exertion and relieved by rest. Although the more symptoms you have the greater the likelihood that you may end up having a heart attack, not all people who have heart attacks experience the same symptoms. Some people have no symptoms at all. If you suspect you might have a heart condition leading to a heart attack, I strongly urge you to have it checked out by a primary care physician. Treatment for heart attack has improved dramatically over the years. But many people wait too long and end up being too late.