Can scoliosis cause swelling in one side?

I was dignose with mid scoliosis I am 20 year old i am a male and my right side gets swollen. My back hurts a lot right now most of the pain is my back and my right side that gets swollen what should i do?
As you have already learned, scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine. It is a condition which the spine may develop as a single curve shaped like the letter C or as two curves shaped like the letter S. A curvature of the spine can cause aches and pains due to misalignment of the core skeleton. The most common back pain that may relate to scoliosis is ligament and muscle pain due to the soft tissue structures being overstretched and damaged consequently leading to inflammation and fatigue of these structures. That being said, a mild scoliosis is not typically painful and is definitely unusual that it becomes swollen. In fact, the vast majority of those with scoliosis experience no related pain. Such severe pain you are suffering is very concerning and may have other related abnormalities to your spine and musculature. I think it is unlikely that your scoliosis causes you so much pain and your back to become swollen. I would recommend a visit with a primary care physician to have your pain investigated immediately. The doctor may refer you to an orthopedist. A work up beyond X-rays and imaging may be ordered to establish the underlying cause of the curvature. It may also be referral pain to the back from abdominal organs.