What should I do about my kidney stone?

i passed a kidney stone blood comes out when i urinate and my side hurts i also felt dizzy is this normal my urine flow seems normal
If you have not seen your doctor about this yet, then you definitely should do so right away. If the pain is very severe, or if you have fever or nausea or vomiting, or if you cannot keep down an adequate amount of liquids, then you should go to the emergency room for immediate evaluation. Otherwise, go see your primary care doctor as soon as you possibly can. It is normal to have a small amount of blood in the urine when you pass a kidney stone. This is because the stone causes some minor damage to the urine tubes as it comes out, and this leads to bleeding, which should get better soon. However, I am concerned by the fact that you are still having pain, as the pain should go away once the stone is passed. This suggest to me that maybe you still have a stone that needs to be passed, or that you have another complication, such as a urine infection. I am also concerned by the dizziness, which might indicate that you are getting dehydrated. All of these observations point towards needing to be seen right away by your doctor (or in an emergency room) so that you can be evaluated and treated.

Other Nephrologists