Why do I keep having lower stomach pain?

I'm a 22 year old female and I always get a little bit of stomach pain in the lower part before my period. Now I'm getting the same pain when it isn't close to my period. Is it actually a problem with my stomach or just all related to my period?
It sounds like you are having pelvic pain. This is a common problem and can be caused by a few different problems. During your period the inner lining of your uterus sheds causing the bleeding that you see. This can cause cramping in that area. Therefore, it is not surprising that you had pain in the lower part of your abdomen. Now that this type of pain is occurring during times that are not close to your period, there may be another reason. There are other organs in that area that may be the cause of the pain. Your stomach sits much higher in your abdomen making it unlikely that you have anything going on there. Your bladder is in that area as well. This means that infections such as a urinary tract infection could be the issue especially if you are also having other symptoms such as burning with urination. Other problems such as ovarian cysts can also cause pain in that area. Finally, sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia and gonorrhea can cause this type of pain. The best doctor for you to see about this problem is your primary care physician. I suggest that you schedule an appointment for an evaluation including a through pelvic and abdomen exam. Good luck.