Is there a cure for arthritis?

I'm only 30 years old but I have arthritis in my hands and wrists already. I take anti inflammatory drugs and they seem to help but will anything cure this? Will I just have arthritis from now on?
Thirty is a very young age to be suffering from arthritis for most people. While there are obvious exceptions, as in those who have different medical conditions pre-disposing them to arthritis, or in those who have used their hands very heavily when they were younger, it would be uncommon for a 30 year old to have severe arthritis pains. You should speak with your doctor about your symptoms, and you may even need to speak with a rheumatologist to determine if there is a reason that your symptoms are more prominent than those of others your age. There are arthritides related to age (such as osteoarthritis) and others which have a medical basis (such as rheumatoid arthritis). If you do, indeed, have normal, run of the mill osteoarthritis, then there is much that can be done for it. Anti-inflammatory drugs are a great start, and there are exercises that you can do to help your joints maintain their optimal health. Other tricks such as hot and cold treatments can also offer some short term benefit. For most people in this situation, however, this will be a life-long trial that they will have to deal with to some degree. Please speak with your doctor.

Nearby Rheumatologists

Other Rheumatologists