Does keratosis pilaris go away?

I have keratosis pilaris. I'm 21. Will it ever go away or will I have it forever?
Keratosis pilaris, also known as KP, is quite common and tends to run in families. Although the condition is not serious, it can be very frustrating as it is very difficult to treat. The good news is that it usually does disappear or at least fade over time. Most people find that their symptoms are much improved by the age of 30. I recommend that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor or dermatologist to make sure that you are doing everything possible to treat your KP. Treatment focuses on softening the keratin deposits in the skin, thereby reducing the appearance of the rough red bumps. Treatment options include exfoliants (such as lactic acid or urea), topical corticosteroids, and topical retinoids as well as keeping your skin as hydrated as possible. This means using a high quality moisturizer, using lukewarm water (never hot) to bathe, limiting the number and length of showers and baths, and patting dry with a soft towel (don't rub dry). You can also try using a humidifier in your house. Again, most people find that their KP fades and eventually disappears as they age so stay positive. Please do speak with your doctor soon, and best of luck!