Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"What is wrong with my testicle?"

ZocdocAnswersWhat is wrong with my testicle?


There feels like there is a little part of my testicle that is swollen. It is on the inside and feels bigger on one compared to the other. Don't know anatomy. What part of your testicle can swell?


I highly recommend that you have this part of your testicle that is concerning to you examined by your primary care doctor. They will be able to determine whether this is just a normal part of your anatomy or whether it is something that needs to be worried about. Most of the time, when someone feels a lump near their testicle, this ends up being a benign part of the anatomy in the scrotum. For example, many times what the person is feeling is the epididymis, which is the tube that comes off the back of the testicle and carries the sperm into the urethra. Also, you may feel the spermatic cord, which contains the blood vessels that feed the testicle. However, occasionally, a lump in a testicle can be an early sign of testicular cancer, especially if one testicle seems different than the other. Your doctor will be able to examine your testicles closely. If there is any concern at all that this lump might represent testicular cancer, they will likely want to perform an ultrasound of the testicle, which can often help clarify what is going on and help determine whether a biopsy of the lump is needed. Get in to see your doctor as soon as possible!

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.