What is wrong with my testicle?

There feels like there is a little part of my testicle that is swollen. It is on the inside and feels bigger on one compared to the other. Don't know anatomy. What part of your testicle can swell?
I highly recommend that you have this part of your testicle that is concerning to you examined by your primary care doctor. They will be able to determine whether this is just a normal part of your anatomy or whether it is something that needs to be worried about. Most of the time, when someone feels a lump near their testicle, this ends up being a benign part of the anatomy in the scrotum. For example, many times what the person is feeling is the epididymis, which is the tube that comes off the back of the testicle and carries the sperm into the urethra. Also, you may feel the spermatic cord, which contains the blood vessels that feed the testicle. However, occasionally, a lump in a testicle can be an early sign of testicular cancer, especially if one testicle seems different than the other. Your doctor will be able to examine your testicles closely. If there is any concern at all that this lump might represent testicular cancer, they will likely want to perform an ultrasound of the testicle, which can often help clarify what is going on and help determine whether a biopsy of the lump is needed. Get in to see your doctor as soon as possible!

Other Urologists

• Dr. Leonard Liang
    Dr. Leonard Liang MD
    Urologist
    1513 South Grand Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90015
  • Dr. Scott Caesar
    Dr. Scott Caesar MD
    Urologist
    3501 Health Center Blvd.
    Bonita Springs, FL 34135
  • Dr. Evan Cohn
    Dr. Evan Cohn MD, FACS
    Urologist
    750 Mount Carmel Mall
    Columbus, OH 43222