Does having chlamydia cause pelvic inflammatory disease?

I had chlamydia and took antibiotics to make it go away. But now I have pain on my sides and in the lower part of my abdomen. Is this pelvic inflammatory disease? Did the chlamydia cause it?
Chlamydia is a type of bacteria that causes one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, it can cause pelvic inflammatory disease. Pelvic inflammatory disease is a type of infection where the uterus and fallopian tubes become inflamed. When this happens, they can become scared and make getting pregnant more difficult. Symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease include pain in the pelvic area, fever, and painful sex. Pelvic inflammatory disease is preventable when the cause of it is treated with antibiotics. In addition to chlamydia, and infection with gonorrhea can cause this disease. If you are having pain in the lower part of your abdomen, it could be caused by pelvic inflammatory disease caused by gonorrhea if you had this (in addition to chlamydia) and it wasn't treated. Another possibility is that you have a different problem all together. One possibility is that you have a simple urinary tract infection. This is where get a bacterial infection in your bladder. It can cause pain in your lower abdomen and sometimes in the sides and back. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she will perform a thorough physical exam, a pelvic exam, and a urinalysis to get to the bottom of your symptoms.