If you have a problem with your colon does it make your stomach hurt?

Is my colon OK? I have stomach aches a lot and feel like I always have to have a bowel movement even when I know I just went. Does that mean I have a colon thing? Does it make your stomach hurt when you do?
These symptoms sound like they have been persisting for quite a while, and they definitely need a medical evaluation. I suggest that you start by setting up a visit with your primary care doctor. One potential cause of your symptoms is constipation, which can make the abdomen feel tender frequently and also give a sensation of bloating, even after a bowel movement. Constipation can easily be diagnosed usually just by giving your doctor a sense of what your bowel habits are like; if you are diagnosed with constipation, there are excellent medications that can help clear it up. Additionally, the sensation of feeling like you have to have a bowel movement even after you have already had one may sometimes be associated with more serious medical problems, such as a tumor in the colon or inflammatory bowel disease. Make sure to tell your doctor if you have had weight loss or bleeding in the bowel movements, as these symptoms might point more in this direction. There is also a condition called irritable bowel syndrome which is characterized by intermittent cramping abdominal pain, often associated with intermittent constipation or diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome is frequently worse in times of high stress. Go see your primary care doctor right away.

Other Gastroenterologists