Is using Fluocinonide a good way to treat eczema?

I have eczema and it just doesn't seem to want to go away. My doctor is now recommending Fluocinonide but is that a long term solution or will that just treat the symptoms? I really want my eczema to go away completely.
Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is a chronic skin condition that is characterized by patches of excessive skin dryness, leading to areas of redness, itching, flaking, and cracking. There is no definite cure for eczema, but it can be effectively treated if you follow the advice of your doctor. Doctors who most commonly treat eczema include your primary care doctor or a dermatologist, if you have one. Fluocinonide is a steroid medication which is typically available in a cream or ointment preparation. Steroid medications form the basis for effective treatment of eczema, and so I recommend that you follow your doctor's advice here. Steroid creams or ointments can help reduce the symptoms of the eczema. You may not need to take the steroid medication for ever, although you will likely continue to experience flares of the eczema over time, and you may need to use the medication from time to time. More severe cases of eczema may require daily application of the steroid medication for a long period of time. Talk to the doctor who prescribed the medication about your concerns. Fluocinonide is a very effective steroid medication, and your doctor can tell you how long they are thinking you will need to use it.