ZocdocAnswersCan you take Clenbuterol as a weight loss drug?

Question

Can you take Clenbuterol as a weight loss drug?

I know that the drug Clenbuterol is used for breathing problems but I also heard it can help with weight loss. I need to lose some weight and wanted to get a prescription for Clenbuterol if it will help.

Answer

Clenbuterol is a medication that is used to treat asthma and a few other breathing problems. It works by dilating the tubes in the lungs and improving air flow. It also has several side effects, such as causing the heart to race and boosting the metabolism, which is why it is sometimes used for weight loss. It is important to know, however that the medication is not approved for weight loss and that using it in this way is both illegal and dangerous for your body. In fact, there are no medications for weight loss that can serve as safe and effective substitutes for a regular diet and exercise program. I strongly recommend that, if you are interested in weight loss, you go to see your primary care doctor. They will be able to give you recommendations on how to begin a regularly exercise program, which should consist of at least thirty minutes of aerobic exercise on most days of the week. In addition to this, they can set you up with a visit to see a nutritionist, who can help you develop a healthy and sustainable plan for reducing your caloric intake and meeting your weight loss goals. Good luck!