Find doctors and make appointments online!

• Albany

How do I get rid of these white spots on my face?

There are a bunch of little white spots on my face that are the size of pimples but they don't have a head or anything. How do I get rid of them? What are they? What's wrong with my skin?
I suggest that you make an appointment to see your primary care doctor or your dermatologist about this issue. It is important to have a doctor look at your skin closely so that they can diagnoses what exactly these white spots are. Although it is certainly possible to have a variant of acne where all the white spots do not come right to a head, I think there are at least one other condition that is more consistent with what you are describing. That condition is milia, which are small collections skin protein that collect under the surface of the skin. They are about the same size as acne but they never 'come to a head' and trying to pop them usually just leads to inflammation and pain. Milia are especially common on the skin under the eyes, but they can occur anywhere on the face. There is no straightforward treatment for milia, although gentle exfoliation may help some. Also, large milia can be individually lanced open by your doctor. Finally, in some cases, prescription creams that help increase the rate at which the skin cells turn over may be of some benefit. Start by setting up a visit with your primary care doctor!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)