Why are there bumps on the back of my throat?

There are some bumps on the back of my throat. I saw them when I was looking in the mirror and said ?aahh?. What are these bumps? My throat doesn't even hurt.
Bumps on the back of the throat are most often caused by some sort of irritation. In response to that irritation, the body tries to protect itself by creating mucous and by sending infection fighting cells to the area. All of these will add up to make the back of your throat look red and bumpy. This can be a response to an upper respiratory tract infection, post nasal drip, or even something as common as acid reflux disease. While many people will not know that they do not have reflux due to an absence of symptoms, it is common for silent reflux to cause some irritation in the back of the throat. This can be experienced as a chronic cough, a bitter taste on awakening in the morning, thick mucous in the morning, and a sensation of post nasal drip. While reflux is a common cause of these bumps, it is not the only cause, and you should be seen by your doctor to make sure that there is nothing more serious occuring, especially if the bumps have persisted for some time or are associated with other concerning symptoms. He or she will be able to examine you and make recommendations for treatment.