Why is the skin around my nipples getting peeled and dry?

I'm a 28 year old male and for some reason the skin around my nipples is getting dry and peeling. Is this a normal dry skin sort of a thing or is something really wrong with me?
Dry, peeling skin around the nipples could have several different causes. It might be a good idea to go see your primary care doctor or your dermatologist about this issue, especially if the symptoms persist or worsen. First of all, it is possible that this is simple dryness and irritation of the skin. It is common to have some local irritation to the nipples, especially in cold weather, as they are a point of friction against the clothing. Also, if you are a runner or otherwise exercise outdoors vigorously in the cold, this could contribute to the problem. Another potential cause of this would be eczema, which is a chronic condition in which the skin becomes dry and reddened and may itch, flake, or crack. Both dry skin and eczema will respond in part to good skin moisturizing and protecting the skin from chafing. There are several barrier products that you can pick up at an athletic store that might be useful to protect the nippels. Additionally, eczema often requires a topical steroid cream in order to clear up completely. If your doctor confirms the diagnosis of eczema after your office visit, they will be able to suggest to you which steroid cream you should use.